Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Ever-Growing Reading List

I love books. Like really, really, REALLY love books. One of my dreams is to have a library so big that I cannot possibly read them all in my life time. In order to feed my addiction, I keep a running list of books I want to read. For your reading convenience, I divided them into fiction and non-fiction.

Fiction:
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Serena by Ron Rash

The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerney

Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

The Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem

On the Road by Jack Kerouac

Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger 

1984 by George Orwell

The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley 

Catch-22 by Joseph Keller

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Ulysses by James Joyce

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Stranger by Albert Camus

In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Beloved by Toni Morrison

World War Z by Max Brooks


Nonfiction:
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling

Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion

Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will the Lead by Sheryl Sandberg


What are some of your favorite books? What should I add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment